Sunday, April 25, 2010

Digitizing

Little has progressed since last week’s entry. Last Thursday evening, we filmed our last scene between Mashburn and Hughes Hall. It was a dialogue scene between our actress, Harley, and Wilson. We took about forty minutes to shoot, even though the dialogue was only a half a page. It went well, though it was frustrating to film because the camera had not been charged. The back-up battery had also not been charged. I think that we got some nice over-the-shoulder shots with Harley and Wilson and also a nice panning shot. I’m excited to get to the editing process and see how everything looks. Unfortunately, I do not know when that will happen. I don’t know how to digitize our footage and that has to be done before we can do any editing. Our instructor, Eric Dietz, was digitizing during class last Thursday but unfortunately he could not get to our group. Hopefully we can somehow get it done by the middle of the week or this coming Thursday, because I do not know how long editing will take. We have a fairly straightforward storyline so it may not be too difficult to put everything together, but I am still uneasy about it. It is mostly my responsibility from this point on. I can only hope that my vision for this film and work ethic are good, because I really have high hopes for this project. Let’s hope I am up to task.

1 comment:

  1. It will be down to the wire. I confess I did not realize that the digitizing would be such a bottleneck in this class, and Eric must not have realized it either. Well, I'll have your production journals to remind me who had to do the most with the least!

    ReplyDelete